Friday, November 23, 2007

A day at the DMV

Once upon a time there was an adoreable little boy who played with his ninja turtles, read Dr. Seuss books and ocasionally played video games. Then I woke up this morning, and I was mysteriously transported to the DMV where the "little boy" had turned into a 17 year old "almost man" was registering his first car. It was almost surreal, one minute I'm watching pee-wee soccer and the next I'm at the DMV getting plates for a teenaged driver. It was at that point that I started wishing that I could put him back in the playpen!

Now I understand why my mom went prematurely gray. She always said, "My grandchildren will be my revenge". Thanks mom!! I guess the moral of this story is that all the grief you gave your parents when you were a teen is nothing compared to what's waiting for you when your kids hit puberty so beware.

7 comments:

ZMANOWNER said...

splain something to me why is it my brothers go to bed at like 7 at night....lightweights. Then again I am younger and stronger and more viral. So i can stay up past 11 ahhahaahhahahahaha....dont have any young uns..thank goodness

K teacher said...

hey Steve... being younger has nothing to do with it, I'm 44 & I never go to bed before midnight, your brother is a different story...he's in bed every night by 10 p.m. & he's younger than I am.

In Mat's defense you might be younger, but stronger & more virile Matt wins hands down!

Anonymous said...

Everybody goes to bed at midnight except me.Some times it'll one Am. The pager will go off at 11PM and I won't get home until very late.Some times I'm up late writing. As far as age goes You're as young as you feel.Of course I don't get up till I feel like it.Being Grandpa has it's benefits all the kiddies keep me young

Anonymous said...

I'm with Grandpa age is only a number

highwayman said...

well speaking of bed time hmm wheres my story i also need my teddy bear he he he he he all joking aside mcdermott clan lucky got the great young guns to chase around boneman riley cynthia paige ryan and yes little olivia but the best of all goes to yes the boneman t-bone is the deal love you bone anyway how was everyones weeekend liz and i just chillin yeah im lucky liz is a great woman shes my love my heart my soul as i often say my saner side i could not have found a better woman so this ones for the best thing that ever happened to me i love you sweetheart im proud honored and blessed to have you as my wifei love you babe

highwayman said...

TO MY HEART MY SOUL MY LOVE THE BEST WOMAN I COULD HAVE MET I WANNA TAKE THIS TIME TO TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU SWEETHEART YOU MAKE MY HEART FILL WITH LOVE AND JOY U MAKE MY LIFE COMPLETE YOU MAKE ME WHOLE SO I WANT YOU TO KNOW KITTEN HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz,

I feel your pain 100%

How the time get away from us when your older & when your a kid I remember it going so slow.

Luv ya, Sheila
P.S. Thanks for the laugh too...