Thursday, May 8, 2008

One year later






The hardest part of losing a loved one is when you forget they're gone. This happens to me occasionally... something funny happens at work & my first reaction is to pick up the phone and start dialing 541-5.... Oh shit! Mom, you're not here anymore. I miss the sound of your voice, the Saturday afternoon shopping sprees and most of all I miss hearing you & grandma argue in the kitchen while making Sunday dinner.... but I guess we were lucky , we saw each other every day for the past 44 years & when we didn't see each other there was always the phone. We had all those great trips San Diego, Alburquerque, our road trips to Florida even Cooperstown and the baseball hall of fame was fun. Can't believe that you went to Paris without me! But then again I went to Ireland with the" boys" while you & grandma spent the summer going to garage sales.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz - I miss mom more than I can say. My feeling is that I didn't get to spend enough time with her, especially in her older years. Sometimes there's a longing for her wisdom & advise. But most of all her love. I guess the pain for me is compounded with the death of grandma and what I've been going through at home. Anyway, sometimes I just watch old videos with mom in it just to make me feel a little better. I'll never forget mom & grandma.

JR

K teacher said...

If I were there right now I'd give you a hug & then boss you around like I always do. We're lucky we have so many great memories.
xoxo, sis