Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Year in Review


Since today is the last day of the year, I thought it might be a good time to reflect on the journey that was 2008. The first six months of the year went by quicker than I could have imagined.... the "teenaged one" got accepted to all the colleges that he applied to.... my sweetie & I spent all our free time planning a wedding.... by the time summer came life was a great big blur... in the span of 4 weeks we had graduation, a wedding & college orientation.... the last week of summer was probably the most stressful part of this year... we moved to a new house & took the "teenaged one" to college... saying good-bye & untying those apron strings was not easy.

Life slowed down in the Fall... we were getting used to our new home ( still have some boxes to unpack)... I grew up in this house, so it feels familiar but at the same time it looks totally different from the way it looked when I was a kid.... we didn't get our Christmas tree this year until 2 days before Christmas... spending time with family & friends made us remember what Christmas is all about.... giving & receiving the most most precious gift.... LOVE.... I am truly blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you...it has been an adventurous year...hope the next year brings you all the happiness you ask for..Zman sends

Michaele Sommerville said...

Happy New Year and thanks for visiting my blog! It sounds like you had a very busy and emotional 2008- I hope everything settles into a nice routine and that your adventures in 2009 keep you smiling and laughing! Just to let you know- I no longer maintain the blog site you've linked to, but all of my material and updated posts can still be found at Kindergarten's 3 R's if you'd rather link there instead.