Sunday, August 2, 2009

Suburban Woodstock




If you were a girl growing up in the 1970"s , then you were probably a fan of David Cassidy & the Partridge Family. Last night at Burns Park on the south shore of Long Island, I got to relive my childhood. The parks dept. of my town has been sponsoring concert every Tues. & Sat. all summer long.

After dinner my friend Ellen, her husband & I ventured to the park to see our '70s idol David Cassidy. Besides his hits like "I'll Meet You Half Way" & "C'mon Get Happy" he wowed the crowd of more than 10,000 people with music from Cream, Hendrix & John Lennon. It was a magical night.... the perfect sunset, no humidity, very few mosquitos.... good friends & great music, what could be better?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hes a homo

steve said...

....ummmm..No a david Cassidy fan...was never a Partridge family fan.....but hey sining cream is not that bad..thats clapton after all..but hey its a night out...zman sends

ChiTown Girl said...

I thought I left a comment here last week, but apparently, I didn't!

First, thanks for your "two cents" on my post. I appreciate hearing the views of others on things, especially neutral parties. :)

Also, thanks for adding me to your blog list!

As soon as I opened your blog, I knew we must be kindred spirits, as I have a serious illness when it comes to penguins. It's really a bit embarrassing. (you can search my archives for proof!) I have that exact stuffed penguin. ;-)