Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vacation '09




Just before our first anniversary , my sweetie & I started planning our first vacation together. Prior to this we had taken road trips & long weekends. We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us had been to before. This was going to be a challenge since the hubby had a bad experience on a plane 7 or 8 years ago & had not flown since.

We finally decided to go to the Grand Canyon.... but the question was, "Could I get him on a plane again?" On the morning of our trip he was out of bed by 4 a.m. (the flight was at 8:30). Luckily the flight was smooth & we got to Arizona safely. August in the southwest is like sleeping on the surface of the sun! The drive from Phoenix to Sedona and later Flagstaff was the best part of our trip... spectacular scenery & the higher altitudes made for much cooler temperatures.

Nothing could have prepared me for the moment I saw the canyon up close. Breath taking, awesome , majestic... I was speechless (for a change LOL). The husband actually enjoyed himself (even though he let me know a million time s since we met that he hates flying).

No comments: