Saturday, September 12, 2009

They're Here



The first week of school was exhausting. The 5 year olds are eager & cute, but there's so many of them! I was given a class list with 27 names but that lasted about 3 seconds. Every time I blinked a new student was arriving at my door. On Friday I took the little ones to art class... went to the ladies room and when I returned to pick up my kids another one had been added to my class. That happened last year too!

When I returned from lunch, yet another student. At the end of the day I was told another one would be starting on Monday. Forgot to mention only about 8 of them speak English... that's less than 1/3 of the class.... that night I fell asleep on the couch (sitting up)....... it's going to be a great school year!

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm right there with ya, Sista!!! I hope next week is a little better.

steve said...

....looks to be an interesting school yr...thats a pretty pct of young uns that dont speak english..but that why we have schools...good luck you can do it Mrs M...zman sends

steve said...

meant to say thats a big pct of kids that dont speak the langauge