Saturday, February 2, 2008

Can't believe it!

Two days ago I received a letter from a source that will remain nameless regarding one of my students. About two months ago I referred my student because she had been absent from school several times & when I called the home no adult was there . It seems that my student & her 8 yr. old sister were home alone.

I filled out the necessary paperwork & reported this incident to the proper authorities. It seems children are not a top priority in Nassau county. The matter was investigated , but by the time someone checked on the kids an adult was finally home. How many hours, days were they home alone?

2 comments:

ZMANOWNER said...

I think thats why I couldnt teach, I would get to personnaly involved, god bless ya for caring that much.

highwayman said...

hey k teacher im your biggest fan also i love you you are the tops sweetheart