Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pushing 40

A woman I know is turning 40 next month. She isn't distressed about it, in fact she she's very accepting of the fact that time passes for all of us. She is , however, freakin' out because just a few months from now she will become a GRANDMOTHER!!

Yes, her son got his teenaged girlfriend pregnant. Why did this happen? If I'm not mistaken there is a planned parenthood in almost every county across this country. The answer is simple.... people (teens in particular) think they are invincible & they don't think about the consequences of their actions.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

shantyman said...

I think that there is not enough education and too much denial when it comes to being a parent. I have a 13 year old son and I have started to talk to him about sex. Kids have sex, you cannot get around it. I had sex when I was a teenager. As a parent you need to educate and keep lines of communication open as much as possible. The responsibility does not only lie with the teenagers.

Anonymous said...

pop says K teacher as a parent I share your concern,but as an educator you know parental responsibility is just that parental responsibility.The kids today will learn from them or their peers,but either way they will know all about the birds and the bees at an early age.According to most doctors children experience some form of sexual awakening as early as 5 yrs old.When we as parents decide to have that famous chat with our kids depends to a degree on circumstances.My guys all knew something when I had that talk with them,and that was around age 11 or 12 as I remember Ask Highway He'll be able to clarify that for you. Just remember your limitations(what you as a teacher can and cannot do)If these fools screw up raising their kids it's not your fault Love Pop

ZMANOWNER said...

Wow thats a bomb to drop on moms. Kids are going to have sex no way around I agree. Unfortunatly it has to be pounded in to them the ramifications of the the consequences. Lisa and i dont have kids so we are outsiders. I would tell the young couple they have choices.

ZMANOWNER said...

One more thing..my brothers will agree hey pop when exactly did you have that TALK with me..pls refresh my memory...what was the date or how old was I ..dont remember that conversation...