Thursday, January 24, 2008

5 yr. olds

Hi everyone.... it's been a relatively uneventful week, except for today. As all of you know , I spend my days with five year olds. This afternoon I took the 5 year olds down to the gym for phys. ed. class. After 35 minutes I went back to pick them up & found 2 boys sitting in chairs while the rest of the kids were playing basketball. When I questioned the boys they told me they were not allowed to play because they were biting their friends.

When we got back to our classroom I had to give the whole class a lecture about not hurting our classmates & treating others with kindess. Before the kids went home today I made them repeat a new mantra, " We wll not bite our friends...... friends are not food!"

3 comments:

ZMANOWNER said...

Hey sorry to hear about your student, take comfort in the fact the man upstairs well thats part of his plan. As far as the tree comment, hatred gets us nowhere as a society. No act of hate has ever improved any society or brought it closer together as group. Hate clouds the mind and darkens the spirit and soul.

Anonymous said...

Pop says Liz unfortunately five year olds will be five year olds, and God only knows what they're going to do next.How do I know?Matt was once five, and I have two grand kids that are around that age and predictable as the weather.Getting bitten is something I know a little about.No I won't elaborate.But take comfort in the fact that as a teacher you took apropriate action.will they heed your lesson?God only knows.

Anonymous said...

Mom says that is good advice but does that mean that I can bite some one that isn't my friend.I am glad the gym teacher followed thru and benched the kids, hopefully they learned there lesson