Friday, January 11, 2008

Top of the World

I saw on the internet & heard it on TV and the radio that Sir Edmund Hillary died yesterday. Of course most will people remember him as the first man to reach the peak of Mount Everest.... the highest point on earth. He was, as he described himself, a simple bee keeper from New Zealand.

When I read his obituary this morning I started thinking about my own mortality... how will I be remembered when I'm gone? Have I made a difference in lives of the people who knew me? Have I done anything for the good of humanity? I don't have any of the answers, but I do know that there are people who love me and I love them... that's all that really matters isn't it?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary didnt improve anyones life..he did something that was dangerous. You are a TEACHER..that is greater then anything a beekeeper achieved. You educate and help young minds to grow. That is a difference in not only their lives but you improve the future of our society...ZMANOWNER SENDS

Anonymous said...

Pop says Agreed Liz Edmond Hillary did not touch lives the way you do.
Somehow I do not believe that his life was half as important as your own.Edmond Hillary climbed a mountain. so what.You molded young minds that may do more with that mountain than just climb to the top of it. Love Pop

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, if you go to PYZAM.COM there are templates for blogs if you want to change your blog template...ZMANOWNER SENDS

Anonymous said...

Liz you have truly changed people's lives especially the Matt man and for that I thank you
Mom

Anonymous said...

GO BIG BLUE CAUSE THEY ARE ON TOP OF THE WORLD RIGHT NOW...SCREW PBR ...GO GIANTS

K teacher said...

I still believe Hillary was a very courageous man...when the human spirit is willing to try & go further than it is expected... this is what I find admirable.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro..I am feeling good better now that the Gmen took care of Dallas...Hey big race coming up...its the only Nascar race i watch..hey Liz i like the new colors..ZMANOWER says

Anonymous said...

Teaching is good idea i have thought of it....summers off is a bonus..Zmanowner sends