Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Best of times...worst of times

2007 proved to be bittersweet... after a long illness my mom left us in May, then over the summer my grandmother suffered 2 strokes...she lingered for a couple of months, then she died as well (she probably died of a broken heart). OK maybe I'm feeling a little sorry for myself, but on top of all this my brother isn't talking to my dad and my dad isn't talking to my uncle... I'm close to all three & they're driving me crazy...luckily they each live in a different state.

No more whining, I promise! I have so many things to be thankful for ... I have a man who loves me & tells me so everyday....my son is healthy & on his way to college in a few months... my friends are more caring than I deserve..... so I guess 2008 will be better than the previous year.

God Bless everyone & Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom says, This year will be better for all the McDermott's God will bless us I am sure of that

Anonymous said...

Well Tommy T says families are funny things, people that are thrown together through fate and oddly enough whether you get along or not..they are the only people that you can truly count on in the life..my dad hates that I am gay but I know that he is their for me...so onward with the swatches woo hoo..oh pink is so in sweetie