Friday, December 28, 2007

DATE NIGHT

Since the day before Thanksgiving when he got his car, my son John & I have not spent much time together. He's usually headed to rehearsal for one of his shows , going to band practice or on the way to a girl's house. So I was a bit surprised when he asked, "hey mom, do you want to go see a movie one night this week since we're both off from school?"

When he was a little kid we would do "date night" maybe once a month. Our evenings out usually consisted of a gourmet meal at Wendy's followed by a trip to the local video game arcade. My favorite "date night" with John was the time when he was about 7 yrs old when we just decided at the spur of the moment to hop on the LIRR and go into NYC. It was the Friday before Christmas and the city was incredibly crowded. I don't remember where we had dinner or what we ate, but I do remember going to see Santa at Macys/ Herald Square. He was probably the best looking Santa I had ever seen & in those days John was still a believer...I still have the picture of John & Santa and I display it every year during the holidays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is 007. Matt is like a snowman he is round happy and jolly. thats not a bad way to go though life. just tnink the bigger he is the more of him to love.

ZMANOWNER said...

Stray Ham ??....is that Strahan. Ok then..Hey Liz i dont understand something, What is the house like on Sunday and Monday night and in October with NO FOOTBALL or the World Series....

K teacher said...

Well it's never boring here.... 2 TV's.... your brother watches Nascar and John watches the Mets & the Jets...yes he loves punishment!