Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas cookies

The house is quiet tonight.... Matt is already asleep (work tomorrow) and John is at a friend's house. This is probably the only time of the year that I attempt to bake.... the last few weeks have been so hectic, the stores & shoppers have been insane... even people in their cars have been a little nuts!

Nights like this give me time to reflect on the fact that there are still a few truly good and noble people left in the world. One of them is my friend Raquel.... she lost her husband a few years ago and a year later she lost her son as well, yet every Saturday she's at a local nursing home reading to the "older folks" or playing bingo and letting them win.... every time I start feeling cynical about the lack of humanity that some people show...I think about the people I know who do good for others without expecting anything in return.

4 comments:

ZMANOWNER said...

Raquel is the meaning of XMAS. To me she keeps Santa Claus alive and well. Hey one yr we had mom and dad down for XMAS and lisa made Lasagna( she makes an outstanding lasagna) and my mother was mortified that we did not have turkey, that still make Lisa and I laugh ahahah. Mom said and I quote "No Turkey" aahahaahahahahaha...

ZMANOWNER said...

oh one more thing...the goal to fitting in to the crazy mcdermott family is keeping Mom off balance..always stay one step ahead..sounds like you are going to fit in just fine ahahhaahahahahahahaahahha

Anonymous said...

This is OO7. Matt there is a booggie man in the celler. watch for him when there is a full moon.He dose not bite but he does like to ////////// lets just say if i was you i would keep the book in the back of your pants. oyea make it a hard cover book. sleep tight big boy.

Anonymous said...

Tommy T like cookies, Tommy T like cookies with milk, Tommy T eats cookies and milk in his spongebob pajamas