Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Matt is convinced we have ghost/s in our house..... he keeps hearing wierd noises in the basement, but I think it's just my guardian angels (mom & grandma)...he says as long as they don't empty the fridge they can stay.

Enough about ghosts, over the past few days I've been trying to recall my favorite Christmas memory, of course going to grandma's tops the list...but getting there took almost as long as Moses crossing the desert from Egypt to the Promised Land. When I was 10 or 11 yrs. old my dad came home from work on Dec 23rd and announced we were going to Puerto Rico to spend Christmas with the grandparents. Mom wondered how we were going to get there since we didn't have any plane tickets...no tickets, no problem dad had everything figured out, we would fly standby... we were given an hour to pack our luggage & get to Kennedy airport.. after a 3 hour flight (around midnight) my dad was able to find a rental car (no reservation) for the 2 hour drive from the airport to the farm (grandma's)...the grandparents were surprised when we showed up that night/ morning... the last thing I remember about that night was my grandfather's command to grandma "Our family is here, go cook something!" It was 5 a.m. on Christmas Eve!

I know we went to the beach every day (80 degrees daily)...but the rest of that Christmas trip is a blur.

4 comments:

ZMANOWNER said...

Matty is kinda pasty white maybe its him looking in the mirror. Isnt it funny the things we remember..good or bad and these are the things that shape who we are now. How was XMAS with the family..your side and matts...this was your first xmas with matt huh!..i got the family photo at the Livs'christening ..you two look good together...does Liz like Nascar..no i didnt think so

Anonymous said...

Pop Says " scroooooogge " Old marley's ghost is lurking in the celler"scrrooooogge"or could it be the ghost of christmas Past? Nah it's just Matt man's over active imagination?Things that go Bump in the night.Don't go down in the celler.tell me doesn't any one believe in the Boogie man any more?
Clump,,clump,,clump.What's that sound?Is some one or something coming up the celler stairs? sweet dreams.Aww come on there is no such thing as ghosts is there?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pop and Zmanowner Matt has a very wild imagination that somethime makes him think he see's and hear's thinks that's because he has red hair and a rusty brain
Love Ya
Mom

Anonymous said...

Tommy T says I had a ghost in my attic for the longest time that used to scare my wife and children, to this day I dont suck on hard candy anymore.